Here are three things to think about when tweaking your piano for worship:
I had a blog reader write me this week about advice on how to be a better worship leader. From my position as band member and occasional music director, here’s what I think makes a great worship leader:
You’ve committed to start practicing more for worship on weekends, but you’re still not seeing the results you’d like from your pre-worship prep. Here are 7 ways to give your worship prep a shot in the arm:
Organ has always been a vital part of the modern praise music movement- here’s how to get that famous sound with MainStage 3:
So many modern worship songs are now using trance–based synth patches, and Mainstage 3 has some of the best synthesizers plug-ins on the market to get that sound in your rig. Here's how:
1. Open Mainstage. click the "+" button to add a new software instrument.
2. In the instrument view, select ES2 synthesizer as your software synthesizer plugin in your channel strip.
3. open the ES2 window, and find a sound that you like.
4. Select the ES2 channel strip, copy, then paste it into the channel strip window.
5. In the oscillator section of the duplicated ES2 channel strip, switch all of the oscillator waveforms to white noise. Adjust the filter cutoff so the sound isn't quite as bright.
6. Play both channel strips with your keyboard. Blend the white noise channel strip in until it sounds beefy, but not overpowering.
Violà! Instant trance lead. This patch will work great for the lead sound on "This is Amazing Grace", "God's Great Dance Floor", and many others.
Have questions? Leave a comment below.
Exciting news this week- I’ve officially released my 3rd Mainstage 3 preset pack! These super high quality presets model exactly what’s on the original recordings released by the artists themselves.